Monday 4 August 2008

An Unexpected Critique... and a Friend What is Famous!

I had an unexpected letter following an altered canvas I created for someone several months ago. I am not one to blow my own trumpet; I have added this comment to my blog so I can read it on the days when I feel like my creativity has been sucked out of me, and in the hope the one day, I will read it and believe it.

"On a personal note, I would like to thank you once again for the wonderful art work that you created for me. I have shown it to a number of people who have given very positive feedback about your work, and I wanted to feed that back to you. One person in particular referred to the collage as "fantastic art" and raved about how talented you are. I, as you know, agree, and really do encourage you to continue developing your style."

Moving swiftly on, my Bandy Wandy Friendie (the one who got me the loverly pussycat frame for housewarming giftie) has been telling me the ad she was involved in filming for Tesco (as a member of the Royal British Legion Band and Corps of Drums Romford - starring Paul Daniels!) has been showing on TV! I *still* haven't seen it, but she sent me a link to watch it online, as someone has recorded it and uploaded it!

Check out the band's website here for more info:

Not much happening on the arty farty crafty wafty front today. Hmph. Hopefully a more productive day tomorrow - I have swaps to do!

No comments: