Wednesday 25 June 2008

Entering Blog Land - Crash Landing!

Backtracking - 27th May 2008

Well, here I am in the land of Blog, it seems a nice place to have found myself, hey, maybe I will find myself during my Freaky Deaky Lemon Squeaky nose dive into Blogdom - that would be super-duper - but where do I start? I guess the beginning is a very good place lol! But that would just be plain cheesy, and no doubt there is an "about me" column somewhere on this Blogger thingy, so I am going to backtrack to a veeeeery creative time for me and the day which I intended to start blogging on! I spent all night crafting, creating mini canvases - wow, that was some night! I duplicated some of the designs, but in all made around 20-25 of the blighters! Kinda addictive!

Of course, the best bit of making all those canvases, was playing around with colours and stuff to make the backgrounds :) These ones here were sponged with lilac acrylic paint, then pink, and then I sprinkled over some good old powdered eyeshadow (maybe it's Maybelline!) that was lilac, and rubbed it in slightly with my finger; such a pretty shimmery effect :)

Added a layered up die-cut flower with a gem flower for the centre, a stem created from a fine guage wire with a slight tweaky-weak to make a leaf, and guess what that texture is at the bottom? None other than a textured wallpaper sample splodged with lilac paint and edged with silver ink. (Don't tell Mr B&Q that I "borrow" wallpaper samples for crafty-ness not ever intending to cover a wall with it!)

Add a brad and a lickle folded piece of ribbon and voila!

My next mission (should I choose to accept it, and yup, I was going to as I was still wide awake come 2am!) was to get going with something different so I dug out some hardly used Twinkling H20 dabbers - yes, there is such a thing! I used a reddy colour then dabbed over with a bright blue and landed up with a smurpley-purpley effect, bit dull so added a spot of luna lights (left)

Rubbed that in with my finger and once it had all dried, over stamped using a Christine Adolphe stamp (stampington) in white and it kinda faded into the colours on the canvas and looked ghosty-whosty. Quite cool! Then used modge-podge to apply some ripped/torn/stamped mulberry paper, and the colours oozed up through which was quite an interesting effect - not planned! Added my fave kinda stuff atm - mesh - some gems, 2 lickle flowers and at the very bottom, a bugle bead with a seed bead either end, attached wire wire. Here you go!


One of the others I created a few of I used Adirondack Paint Daubers in colours I cannot recall the names of (willow, wotsit and doofer) again, I added a speck of luna lights like on the previous canvas. Then, I took the Clarity Stamps Willow Lady stamp, onto mulberry paper, and used modge-podge to see what would happen - wow! Didn't think that would work! The fibers of the mulberry paper look a bit like they are running through the branches of the willow. I liked this! I had to add the essential embellishments and so added star gems and also traced over some of the willow branches with green patina stickles (see, I can remember the names of some of the colours of stuff I use!!!)


And that was the end of my "canvas till you can't no more" night. I recommended it! :)

No comments: