Saturday 28 June 2008

(Un) Friendly Plastic ???

Backtracking - 8th June 2008

Friendly Plastic... or is it? In the past, it has been most unfriendly, but a great mate of mine has helped me to bond with it - she showed me how to work with it properly (I had been just messing round, not really knowing exactly what to do with the stuff until now) - thank you friendie! :) A couple of days later I got my Friendly Plastic out again and made some masks and some buttons using some molds I have had lurking in the room of craft since Xmas and not really used... some of the masks/faces look slightly warped... ooer!!!

A couple of days later I had a bit of a problem thought... having bonded with Friendly Plastic (with the help of a rolling pin and spatula "borrowed" from my nephew's playdoh kit) I couldn't then de-bond from it!!! Heeeeelllp!!!

Doh! The skewer lived to tell the tale, and the beads I created on it have since been used on some ATCs. As for the rolling pin... I am afraid it had to be consigned to the dustbin (sorry nephew of mine, I will get you another rolling pin for your playdoh ready for your next visit!)

So is Friendly Plastic really friendly? Well, I think only time will tell...! :p

No comments: