Monday 30 June 2008

First Attempt at a New Style

Backtracking - 11th June 2008

Having recently stumbled upon Teesha Moore's work http://teeshamoore.com I have been dying to dip my toe in the water and have a go at a journal canvas page thingy wotsit, but been too afraid of trying to get it right and failing. Then an opportunity came up for which creating a piece of journal art would be the perfect thing to do... so I went into the jo-zone and created something of which I am proud of (did I just say I am proud?!) for many reasons, but let's stick to style/arty talk on here.

This pic shows it before the journalling and finishing touches and heaps more went on. That part is deeply personal, private and somewhat painful, but the blank-ish un-journalled canvas gives you an idea of what I was attempting to create...

The crop-a-dile was handy-dandy for making the holes and setting jumbo eyelets at the bottom. Couldn't live without that in my tool box. I cannot really remember much about how I created the background, except that it started by being a place to dab off my dirty paint brushes and finger daubers and sponges, and ended up being an actual piece of journal art. Enough said.

No comments: