Monday 30 June 2008

Texture Paste - cool! - and Bubbles Galore

Backtracking - 14th June 2008
I got me some texture paste, with a project in mind, but had no idea how this one was going to work out... found a really old pic of Freaky Deaky Dad with his brother on a beach and thought it would make a good Father's Day prezzie if I could create a frame for this pic...

I took a boring frame that cost me a pound (bargainous!) and used a pallette knife to spread Texture Paste over it... bit like icing a cake! Then I took a plastic fork and plopped it over the paste to create a kind of spiked, wavy effect...

I was trying to re-create the seaside scene so it would eventually look like the frame was a continuation of the beach on which Freaky Deaky Dad and his bro are sitting on (those of you who are curious, it is Brighton circa 1953!) Anyways, took acyrlics in yellows and blues and mixed and blended with white to lighten and create a sand to sky effect from bottom to top...

By then I had been crafting all day, so what does a crafter deserve after a lot of hard work? A bath full of bubbles! To be precise, a Lush bath full of bubbles. I love Lush! This bath has Karma bubble bar slice in it thanks to a Freaky Deaky Friendie of mine :)

Lie back and r-e-l-a-x...! :D

No comments: