Sunday 29 June 2008

Going Under...

Backtracking - 9th June 2008

...under the sea!

It's a theme for ATC_addicts_R_us this month and I have gotten rather into the jo-zone with this one. There is something about sea colours that make me go ooooh and I had loadsa fun playing with these backgrounds and creating collage-y style under sea scenes. Above you can see are the works in progress...

The backgrounds are actually wallpaper samples courtesy of Sainsburys Homebase (!!!) to which I have added colour with my ink pads and twinkling H20s - see how the spots on the wallpaper have resisted more intense colours? I love that effect!

I have decided that Friendly Plastic is now *definately* my friend - I used it to create the starfish on the ATC this ATC "The Weight of Water" using one of several molds that have been gathering dust in ye olde craft room. Had fun distressing star washers (from DIY store!) with clear inkpads and B-Muse embossing powders (love those powders, must buy more!)

There are heaps of elements used on the final ATCs from charms to crimped tigertail, from ball and chain to beads, from mesh to mulberry paper. A right mish-mash of stuff, but somehow it
works! (I think...?)

Ripped up a dictionary for the various words... some of them are rather teeny-weeny so to see them proper-like you'll have to click on them ;)

1 comment:

xrosy_posyx said...

These are cute! I like the text your little fishy pictures! I have just started a crafty blog as well, dont really know what im doing but you seem to have it pretty much sussed, keep up the good work!