Tuesday 1 July 2008

Bottle Caps - Squishy-Wishy

Backtracking - 20th June 2008

Bottlecaps - themed swap for UKATC this month, so I couldn't resist having a play and taking part, so I bought a bottle cap image sheet from www.digitalcollagesheets.com which of course fitted perfectly in my bottle caps, which I had squished with my Wizard aka Merlin.

All the backgrounds were done on canvas, being such a canvas freaky at the mo, what else would I use?! Kept them pretty plain and simple, only using one or two colours of acrylic paints, stamping one of my new-ish Paperartsy border stamps on the left hand side. Then I simply added a little bit of mulberry paper across the bottom, and created an embellishment using the bottle tops, images, a teeny pearl flower, diamond glaze, and some good old wire and beads!

Now, they needed a finishing touch. Something... I don't know what! I was going over to see my Freaky Deaky Friendie and after much conflab, she gave me 3 words from a sheet of doo-dads she had, in very cool colours and they matched perfectly. I have now added these to my list of must-haves!

Thank you Freaky Deaky Friendie :)

No comments: