Wednesday 9 July 2008

Swap Time, a Stonking Pin and Vaseline!!!

Backtracking - 28th June 2008

It's that time of the month once again, when swapping commences for ATC Addicts R Us. Each month, I try not to have a nervous breakdown when doing the swaps, but I guess it is an occupational hazard! This time though, I had help from the co-owner aka my Freaky Deaky Friendie, which was muchly appreciated! It was soooooooooo much quicker having someone to help me out! And she gave me an RAK ATC which I love! I have had my eye on that stamp for quite some time and am jealous that she owns it!

A last minute envelope of ATCs arrived from bonnie Scotland, and inside, a most stunning pin she had made for me, as an RAK - check it out! She used polymer clay and perfect pearls...

My Freaky Deaky Friendie stayed the whole day, so we had time for crafting once the swaps were done and dusted! My friendie made a start on creating her treasure box (a swap on Advanced Artist Trading Cards) and what she made was stonking!

It inspired me, and I started playing around with colours and themes... it really helps to have a crafty friend when you need inspiration (and honest, trustworthy critique too!) On making our way to the craft room, we walked past the vaseline I had been putting on my sore nose (see crafting with a cold!) and I thought - aha! Resist!

Splodged and smeared some on a couple of ATC blanks, and waited... it refused to dry... waited some more... got impatient and blasted them with my heat gun - whoo! Dried it! (Was slightly concerned it might just make it all smooshy again) Then I brayered over with a rainbow dye ink pad, and voila:


The jury is out on whether these are much cop, guess it depends what I add to these backgrounds... ooooh... I wonder if I could rubber stamp with vaseline...?! Watch this space...

No comments: