Wednesday 9 July 2008

UTEE or not UTEE?!

Backtracking - 27th June 2008

I spent the day playing with UTEE, using playing cards as my base (ones sent to me as an RAK by a member of ATC Addicts R Us) - a couple of layers of UTEE, then quickly sprinkled over some of my new B-Muse embossing powders in....
  • aged copper
  • metallic marmalade
  • raspberry dazzle
  • creamy mauve metallic

(don't they have fab names?!)

I stamped into the molten UTEE using some new corner stamps I have been dying to try out (a gift from Crafty Chick to Crafty Chick from That's Crafty Online when I was stocking up on adhesives!)

Then I took some teeny ballerina images and stuck them into a couple of frame charms I have been saving for a special occasion - I used UTEE to glaze over, and sprinkled in some accent beads (this whole process will be so much easier when I get my melt pot - roll on 16th August!)

Used wire and beads to create a dangly to attach the ballerina pendant charms I had made, and added a bead drop just because you can never have too many beads on a project! Then I glitzed up even more by adding teeny weeny gems in various parts of the impressions that had been made by stamping into the UTEE.

This one I gave to my Freaky Deaky Friendie...

...and this one is for *me*

More With UTEE...

I couldn't accept the playing cards RAK without sending something in return that I had created on the card/s to say thank you, so more UTEE was flying around the room and I played around again, this time, trying to let the diamonds on the playing cards show through, so I went easy on the coloured embossing powders when I sprinkled them over my layers of UTEE - two of the embossing powders are scented...

  • baby powder (light pink)
  • strawberry (red)

...I wonder if they still smell after travelling to their recepient? Let me know if you are reading this guys! They certainly left a nice niff in the craft room :)

This time I inked up my stamps with stazon so as to make very bold impressions - ballerina stamp and distressed harlequin stamp - so me it looked like the ballerina was dancing on diamonds so that was what I titled these ATCs...

A finishing touch was required (I mean, how can I make an ATC with no embellishments?!) so i sought out 2 sizes of square brads, used embossing powders to make them fit in with the colours I had already created, and attached them so they looked like diamonds. Voila! I loved the colours on the second ATC so much that I submitted it to ATC Addicts R Us for the "My Favourite Colour" Swap, and got this lovely one in return:

I will credit the artist, if they are OK with that :)

No comments: