Wednesday 9 July 2008

Ironing is Fun!

Backtracking 8th July 2008

It's amazing what you can do with an iron - they aren't just for laundry don't you know! I hadn't used my fantasy fibers/films since I took part in a workshop (like, 2 years ago!) and when I was watching QVC the other day there was Leonie demonstrating them, which gave me an itch I had to scratch and so I got out my fantasy fibers and fantasy films to have a play!

Knowing I had some ATCs to get done, I started with my fantasy fibers and created some backing papers using the fantasy fibers, a few different colours, and sandwiched some sequins in between the layers.

I used star and fairy wand sequins, as I want to use these backgrounds for a themed swap of "Shakespeare" being run by our guest hostess at ATC Addicts R Us (my take on it being fairies/Midsummer Nights Dream)

I had some scraps left over so of course could not resist playing around to see what happens when you iron all your scraps!

This is fantasty film, fantasy fibers, round sequins, and a sprinkling of teeny tiny prima flowers sandwiched in-between.

This is fantasy film with a tiny sprinkling of fantasy fibers, a few prima flowers and a piece of a pink heather embellishment that has been hanging around a while, waiting to be put to good use.

Well, who wants to iron bed sheets and trousers and tops when you can iron for craft purposes!!!