Tuesday 1 July 2008

A Crush On Canvas (and crafting with a cold *atchoo*)

Backtracking - 25th June 2008

Why, oh why, oh why do I feel so poorly? Cos I have caught a cold! How did I manage to catch a cold in the middle of Summer?! Cos I am just plain freaky. I should change my blog title to sneezy-wheezy-crafty-atchoo-chick cos I am sneezing like the clappers and it huuuuuuuurts! *sniffle*

But I wanted to craft, so I can't have felt *that* poorly! With my crush on canvas still as rampant as ever, I made 4 backgrounds, using acrylic paints, luna lights, gold ink, stamped tissue paper, applied with modge podge over gold mesh...

...which was great... until I got to the part where I had the idea of using gold ink and embossing powder around the edges to give some texture... and sneezed... then sneezed again, and again, and again... (my record so far these past couple of days is 11 in one go!!!)

So crafter's, if you're out there, take heed - do not craft with embossing powders (or glitters for that matter!) when you have a cold! You're only asking for a room to get covered in sparkles and powders, and you know what that means - hoovering up!

N.B. No backgrounds were sneezed upon during the making of these canvases.

No comments: