Tuesday 1 July 2008

Gingham Galore

Backtracking - 19th June 2008

Here we go again - another all night crafting session! This time gingham, a themed swap on UKATC for June. After recovering from the fact that Mumsy had *thrown out some scraps of material including gingham*, and a trip to John Lewis to buy some more, I was finally able to get going on these ones. Yeah!

My backgrounds were created from my scraps box - I call it Scrapheap Challenge, but I doubt I am the first person to make a background from scraps! Maybe mine are slightly different in the fact that I randomly stamped a scissor image over the top, added a layer of tulle netting, and went sew-crazy with my mini sewing machine to create random stitching over the top.


I stamped and cut out an 4 images of a dressmaker's stand, 1 for each ATC, and proceeded to dress each in a different style skirt (created more by luck than judgement (!!!) by folding and pleating circles of gingham). Used ribbon to create a kind of gingham top (very low cut!) and finished the actual outfit with a pearl buckle threaded through gingham ribbon, and some teeny weeny flower sequins.

I used Merlin (my dear old Wizard) to die-cut flowers from gingham, adding one as a finish touch, along with a teeny weeny pearl for the centres, and a smattering of beads in one corner. And as is my current trend, chose one ATC to keep for me, and here it is:

2 comments:

Twiggy said...

Hey you, you've got a blog!!! Lovely stuff on here!! Welcome to the addictive world of blogland, I must go to bed now as I have a humdinger of a cold
Twiggy x

Freaky Deaky Crafty Chick said...

Thanks for introducing me to blogland! Don't craft with a cold now... it is dangerous (see my recent post lol!)

Crafty Chick x