Thursday 10 July 2008

Treasure Box Here!!! Wow!!!

Wow, look what the postman bought me! I hadn't seen the message on Advanced Artist Trading Cards posted by my partner saying my swap was on its way, so it was a lovely surprise when it arrived. There were lots of "ooohs"and "aaaahs" as I opened up the tissue paper to reveal a beautifully altered box - what you cannot see from my photograph is that it says "serenity" around the bottom half of the box.

The creator, Heather Fenn-Edwards, told me "I used the word "Serenity" on the box to reflect the qualities of the amethyst stone, which is said to promote well-being, calmness and protection". Well, I could certainly use some of that :) Heather has her own website http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.mooncatcherdesigns.co.uk/&usg=AFQjCNHj0xJFsJEObwhm7tStb7_dIAbPfg - check it out :)

There was a pretty tag attached, and Heather had signed the bottom of the box too. So... what was inside..? A stunningly beautiful piece of jewellery, which just blew me away! (It has totally inspired me to try and push myself further wth my own jewellery making). Also inside, some hand-stamped tags, and even the pretty lace in which the contents were wrapped took my breath away! You gotta click on the images and look at a huuuuuuge piccie to really appreciate this awesome piece of art!

I feel a very lucky girly wirly to be part of Advanced Artist Trading Cards and to receive a swap created by such a talented lady, thank you :)