Wednesday 9 July 2008

Treasure Box Commences!

Backtracking - 2nd July 2008

Finally got started on my Treasure Box swap for Advanced Artist Trading Cards. Off to Paris again (can't I think of anything new and innovative?!) but I do love using my Crafty Individuals stamps, and know I have lots of embellishments that tie in with the theme of Paris, so as this was my first swap for Advanced ATCs, I wanted to be in my comfort zone and feel confident (well, as confident as Freaky Deaky Crafty Chick ever can!) in my ability to create something half decent!

After priming with gesso, I used 3 shades of Adirondack paint dabbers to colourise the box all over, in a random fashion, til I had something which I was satisfied with. Then I stamped using Stazon and my favourite Crafty Individuals rubber stamps (text, friends in Paris, Paris postmark) onto tissue paper, and used modge podge to apply them onto the lid of the box, layering and overlapping.

Not actually very happy with the way the word "friends" cannot be seen easily at all. Will figure that out another day, in fact, I will probs end up covering it up with something. But what..?

No comments: